Skip to main content

Magazine Posts

I Would State

Posted by MFish • Profile • 09/04/24 at 01:53PM • Life Stories - Memories • See more by MFish

I would state,
so long ago,
when a word came to mind,
and to paper it would go.

I have reflected now,
seeing the word, like a trick,
throwing it at the paper.
For some reason it would stick.

I wish I could say to you,
writing is a craft,
but when I write words,
sometimes it's just a laugh.

So, laugh away,
you all are my friend
and at this end, you will see,
what you read, is not let's pretend.

I Realize

Posted by MFish • Profile • 09/03/24 at 06:49PM • Life Stories - Memories • See more by MFish

I realize my days are numbered.
I know it very well,
not looking for empathy,
on my perditions road to hell.

I need to have support,
but also need my time,
so, I can do my thing,
and avoid doing a whine.

Oh woe is me, was said,
to many, one and all,
but I will not bury my thoughts,
for all of us will fall.

A Comment by Yelena

Your avatar
Yelena • 09/05/2024 at 03:11AM • Like 1 • Profile

Did you chose Hell⁉️

A Comment by MFish

Your avatar
MFish • 09/05/2024 at 06:50AM • Like • Profile

No, ma'am.

When the world,
is beating at your door.
When you are at the stage,
where you don't care anymore,

you need to strengthen
your personal defense,
arranging your own time,
to improve and get off the fence.

You must fight,
for it is not a sin,
but you must fight,
if you are going to win.

It's a philosophy of life.
it's needed every day
You must always fight,
or you may go away.

Oktoberfest

Posted by MFish • Profile • 09/03/24 at 09:44AM • Other • See more by MFish

Oktober fest, will soon be here,
when Nature's bounty will be reaped.
Wheat, potatoes, squash and beans,
will be our winter's treat.

Well before food was canned,
salt was a natural preservative way,
to keep food from spoiling.
The process is still used today.

I look forward to the harvest,
of all of Nature's fare,
for it will be our food supply,
and the food we must prepare.

Running across the meadow,
grass up to my knees,
when I realized, rattlesnakes,
like the meadow breeze.

Out of sight, from perdition,
which soared the early sky,
for I am in the grass, a snake,
awaiting my passing by.

I jumped, up in the air,
my feet never touching down,
going another yard or so,
before they touched the ground.

A Comment by Yelena

Your avatar
Yelena • 09/05/2024 at 03:24AM • Like 1 • Profile

😃

There is a life's tenant,
which I find is true.
I need to care for myself,
before I care for you.

When I'v ignored my need,
and helped another,
it's as if I was crazy,
to help my brother.

There is a fine line,
when pondering about the who,
for I am more important,
to me but not to you.

Is it hard and cruel?
I suppose it's true.
Not taking care of me,
then I am nothing too.

Snohomish, Skagit and Island County

Powered by Volunteers | 360-794-7959

Read more from Pepe's Painting LLC

Hunger impacts all of us | 360-435-1631