Welcome to Reclaiming Sexuality : a Yoga Series taught by Jenny Wade, LMHC, RYT. Jenny is a relational psychotherapist and yoga teacher who specializes in helping women overcome trauma and learn to trust the wisdom of their bodies. Read more about Jenny's own personal recovery from sexual repression here.
This three week series will be held on Tuesday evenings from 7:30 - 9:00PM from October 15th - October 29th.
The trauma of growing up within purity culture, overt and covert sexual abuse, and our patriarchal society all contribute to dissociated feminine sexual expression. This three week yoga series is designed to help you to enliven your awareness of your pelvis and sexual organs, to work with the shame that is connected to your body and sexuality, and to enjoy the pleasure that your body is designed to give you.
Week 1: Anatomy and Circular Movement
- Learn your pelvic anatomy through visualization and somatic experience
- Embody circular movement of the hips and pelvis to break up trauma that is stored in the fascia
Week 2: Working through Shame
- Learn about the somatic markers of shame, and tools for how to soothe the overwhelming nervous system experience
- Practice feeling two things at once to expand distress tolerance and expand capacity to experience pleasure
- Connect to the safety of feminine community
Week 3: The Vulnerability of Enjoyment*
- Open to your body's innate capacity to experience sensory pleasure through all five senses
- Embody sensual expression through movement
- Use breathe to engage the parasympathetic nervous system
There are three ways to participate in this series :
- Access to all three weeks of the yoga series
- Weekly worksheets with teachings and exercises to deepen learning around liberating your pelvis and sexual expression
Explore: $150 - all the perks of 'Engage', plus
- Email correspondence to answer any questions that come up throughout the series
- One 20 minute phone consultation with Jenny
- Access to a ten minute audio meditations by Jenny to practice learnings in between classes
Deepen: $200 - all the perks of 'Engage' and 'Explore', plus
- three ten minute videos to practice yoga sequences with Jenny in between classes, and beyond!
*The Vulnerability of Enjoyment is a term coined by the one and only Carter Umhau. To learn more about her go to piththerapy.com.